Everyone asks questions on the internet. But what kind of answers are users getting or finding and, more importantly, are they credible? Getting answers for simple queries like finding the nearest ATM or a mall is a direct affair. But when it comes to consumers trying to understand a brand and its services, the answers that they get have to be informative, credible and add value to their search efforts.
This is where Quora advertising comes into play. Quora is a publicly mediated Question and Answer forum that relies on a system of ‘upvotes’ and community contributions to serve insightful answers to inquisitive searchers. Answering industry specific questions has helped a lot of owners and marketers gain authority for their business and build influence online. Having a presence on Quora should definitely be one of the goals of a brand’s digital marketing strategy.
Why Advertise on Quora?
- Advertising on Quora allows for reaching the user at the optimal time in their decision making process. Users are already researching about a brand’s products and services, competitors and the overall industry so this is the best time to catch their attention.
- Do you know the audience on Quora? A worldwide audience of more than 300 million monthly unique visitors. Most Quora users also tend to be highly educated, highly skilled and come from all walks of life.
- Based on the content they read, users widely differ. Marketers will be to find a variety of targeting options that allows ads to target the right user, at the right time and with the right message.
- The profiles created on Quora are based on real identities so credibility is assured. Moderation policies enforce civil discourse which means that advertisements will only show up alongside high quality content.
How Do Ads On Quora Actually Work?
- The process of creating, managing, and optimizing a Quora ads account is similar to paid media marketing. Quora ads also use a CPC-based model which means that you only pay when someone clicks on your ad.
- The platform comes with its own features where you have a basis view of impressions, clicks, CTR, CPC, conversion rate, and spend.
- The constituent components of a Quora ad are as follows:
Business Name – 30 characters
Headline Sentence – 65 characters
Body Text – 105 characters
Display URL – 30 Characters
- Once you have created an account, get to setting up an Ad Campaign. The ad set level is the most important unit of your Quora ads campaign because it’s where you control who sees your ads. Without investing some serious time into honing your targeting goals (keywords, locations, and negatives), you’re not going to reap the benefits of the platform’s inherent value.
So What’s The Deal With Quora Ads?
While Google Ads is still the best source of high-intent leads, Quora is in the same category. The fact that the content is user-generated and with answers occurring in real time makes it an exciting place for marketers. A promising complementary advertising network, Quora has the potential to add immense value to your brand.